My 2 month old baby doesn't take naps.....

Anyone else dealing with this? For the past two days, she has not wanted to take any naps. And she's cranky as hell by the time I can get her to bed for the night. I've tried everything I can think of. For example, yesterday she got up at 6 am and stayed up until midnight. O.o

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is cranky, then she needs to nap. Make sure she has a quiet place free of distractions and too much light to take naps. Try rocking her or giving her a pacifier, etc. If you can get her to nap...you'll have a much happier baby. Good Luck. Also - are you sure nothing else is wrong? An ear infection, for example, could keep a baby up in pain.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Mine never napped. Honestly, survival was my mode for that period.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• After mine hit the 6 week old mark she stopped napping also, Scares me BC the books say they should be taking 1 2 hours naps but she sleeps good at night and also talked to the doctor, he said it is normal!
    good luck!
    GJCJMomie

Answer by GJCJMomie at 6:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I guess some babies nap, some don't. Both my DD's always napped.

Nap times were my saving grace...without them, I probably would've went crazy.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my son was cranky too, and we found out he had reflux. it goes away in about 6 months and your dr just gives him drops. you should check with your dr to talk about reasons for the crankiness
    chevymom421

Answer by chevymom421 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I just saw a great product on Facebook called the Magic Sleepsuit. It helps babies sleep and nap better and longer. Testimonials are great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2009