Has any one ever gotten married on a Sunday?

No the question is not that simple...lol. My mother and I were talking about the changes in the Catholic church. One of the changes was that the new priest is doing First Communion in March; she doesn't remember ever having First Communions during Lent. We went on with the discussion of people getting married on a Sundays. Once again She didn't remember any one getting married on a Sunday. Especially on a Sunday at a Catholic churc. So the bet was made for me to prove that someone has gotten married on a Sunday in a Catholic Church. I along with my friends/acquaintances had unconventional weddings. So I'm asking a larger group if it has been done. Thanks in advance.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have been to a church-officiated wedding on a Sunday, but it wasn't at a Catholic Church, it was in a park and the deacon did the ceremony, not the priest. Not sure if that counts for you or not.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Well, my dad and stepmom got married on a Sunday afternoon at their church, but it isn't a catholic church.
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my aunt got married on a sunday.. but it was by the JOP and in the court room.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My son was just married on Nov 23 2008, a Sunday, but we are not catholic. My FIL is a Baptist Preacher and he married them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My husband and I were married on a Sunday afternoon, but we aren't catholic. We were married by my grandfather who is Baptist pastor.
    soyfulliving

Answer by soyfulliving at 11:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I got married on a Sunday- but it was on a rock in a fen... not what you are looking for I think! lol
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My sister got married on a Sunday at her hubby's church. It was in the afternoon after morning services were over but it wasn't a catholic church.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My brother got married on a Sunday, but no it wasn't in a Catholic church...
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 9:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I was married on a Sunday. Jews usually get married on a Sunday because Shabbat is on Saturday.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I got married on a Sunday, but not in any church, so I am no help to you ;)
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2009