is this ok to do

im mad at the inlaws about some major things. would it be wise of me to email them and tell them how i feel instead of confronting them face to face. that does nothing but causes fights when i speak up. i dont want them around until they treat me with respect. so is emailing them the appropriate thing to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• yeh , i think thats ok. I mean be careful of your wording, but dont sugar coat your feelings.
    Get your point and views across in a mature matter ya kno.
    Good luck.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would run it by your husband first. At least make sure he is behind you since they are his parents. An email is a bit informal. Why not write an actual letter and snail mail it? It will be less likely to get a quick, emotional fireback type of reply that way.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• so its not immature to do that
    Anonymous

• Seems to me that would make it more akward. Like you couldn't face to face speak to them. I would call them on the phone and say "I would like to come over and speak to you about something that I have on my mind" If they make the effort then go, be upfront and state that if the conversation turns to arguing at any time that you will leave and consider it as they did not put forth the effort and that you will not try again to fix the relationship. If you go where they are its easier for you to leave if the convo turns for the worse. These are your inlaws though, I would try no to do the email thing.
    Anonymous

• it wouldnt be immature, i mean i agree maybe running it by your husband, but i dont see the difference between writing or typing a letter to them... regardless they will read it...

do whatever you feel comfortable doing, sometimes things come out better in letter/email form than it would face to face, because you can get overwhelmed & things will come out wrong face to face... i mean i usually always confront people face to face, but i know that if i think it just wont go down in a good way, i usually email them and let them know how im feeling & it usually turns out good.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• As long as you are ok with them talking about you for doing it. Older ppl tend to think that face to face talking is the way to go about serious things. If it bothers you that bad then email then follow it up with a face to face. That way you have made your points without them interrupting you with a fight or argument.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no i think you should tell them to their face.
    and to be respectful.. say it with tact (the nicest/straight forward way possible)
    oh and do it privately..
    not infront of people so that your respectful..
    and dont argue back like a little kid
    be serious..

BUT ALSO.. I MIGHT BE WRONG
    IT DEPENDS WHAT THEY DID AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM AND YOUR HUSBANDS RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM SO YEAH...

OH AND ANOTHER THOUGHT IS MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK YOUR HUSBAND :)

.... hope i helped :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My momma always told me never to put anything in writing... it has a way of getting thrown back in your face. I wouldn't email them. It's your husband's family... he should deal with it or at least strongly back you and insist they listen to you.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 1:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If you think talking to her face to face causes problems just wait until she has an email she can forward to the entire family. Right now what she says to anyone is hearsay. But once you write it.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2009