do u know have a family member or know anyone with cancer??

my mother has stomach cancer and i was wondering if u know anyone that survived this kind of cancer? or survived any other type?

tuty2403

Asked by tuty2403 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • My grandmother has lung cancer in the 4th stage and is doing extremely well. She wasn't expected to live this long at all seeing how it's already in the last stage. She's even doing great with her chemo instead of being very sick all the time. If the doctor gives her a "time limit" to live...word of advice, don't go by it..It's just an estimate and it can be depressing.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I forgot to add that the mass is shrinking too.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Raises hand.

Breast cancer. 11 year survivor so far. Caught it early enough because of mammograms. Ladies, get your mammograms.

I hope that your mother comes through this OK. Hugs and prayers.

Answer by Bmat at 7:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Both of my grandmothers (moms mom and dads mom) had colon cancer, one of my cousins had colon and my aunt just had her last surgery about 6 months ago for colon cancer. She lost a lot of weight, had to have a colostomy bag put in, and her last surgery was to get it taken out and her intestines fixed (i'm not really sure what they did) she's doing fine now. My grandmothers and cousin didn't make it but I did learn to change a colostomy bag in kindergarten. Since my moms mom lived with us while she was sick I would change her bag for her while my mom was busy. If they catch it soon enough she could be fine.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 7:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My father, his mother, and my aunt all died of lung cancer and my best friend died of breast cancer. On the other hand, my father-in-law was a 31 year survivor of throat cancer and had a laryngectomy. Unfortunately he died in a car accident instantly. Always hold on to hope. Never lose the light at the end of the tunnel and pray for stength to guide you both. Live each and everyday like it was the last one. God be with you.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My aunt had breast cancer cut her breast off. Mind u it doesn't run in my family. But she survived.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My dear daddy has pancreatic cancer. A family friend is a breast cancer survivor. My grandmother has stomach cancer. Another good friend of mine had uterine cancer.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 7:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I am very sorry you all are going through this, my grandmother died from cancer of the bladder, but she didn't have any treatment for it either, cancer runs in the women side of my family, I do know that I have a couple of aunt that have both had cancer one had breast cancer and not sure what the other had but they both survived
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Just never give up the postive attitude and never give up hope. I had a cousin who has bone cancer and she is still very active and is doing great, she has been fighting it for over 7 years now. My 2nd cousin had cancer and she fought it for 12 years and passed away from a heart attack. But she was very very productive as well. I have a friend that has cancer in his throat and he is doing great as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my MIL has had lukemia for a year almost, she found out a week after my son was born, she hasnt been able to see him very often since she is doing cemo off and on. its been hard on her but she is doing great, i think the hardest thing is that she cant see her only granson right now because of her immune system being low from cemo
    bennysmom519

Answer by bennysmom519 at 6:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2009