Is 7 months too young to feed baby egg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think most pediatrician's recommend waiting until about 8 months.

That being said, if you've already fed your child eggs, and have had no reaction, then its ok to continue feeding it to him/her.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You're not supposed to give them the yolk until 1 but I gave mine scramnbled eggs at 6 months before I know about it and it was fine. I guess they are more likely to get allergys to it if you give it to them too young.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 7:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my daugher started having eggs around 8 or 9 months. She LOVES them. lol. But i always add things to the eggs.. like this morning she had little peices of ham, and spinach, and cheese.. (she's 14 months now). but it's a fun way to get her to eat some greens in the morning. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Eggs shouldn't be given until at least a year old. They are a high allergy food. Same with peanuts. If your family has a history of allergy with those you'd want to delay them even longer. Your pediatrician can advise you more.
    Anonymous

• I just got this handy little brochure thing the other day about babies 6-12 months...it says that you can start feeding your baby egg yolk between the 8 and 9 months. it also says that in 8-9month range you can start with tiny peices of cooked vegetables or soft fruit, tiny peices of cooked meat, chicken, or turkey; and mashed cooked beans or tofu; chopped noodles or rice; and bite-sized peices of toast, plain crackers, or soft tortillas. it gives a diagrahm that says the food should be no bigger than | |
    | | about that. sorry i can't draw it on here.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• its egg yolks you give them at that age. the egg whites are what most kids with serious allergies are allergic to. just watch him like you do any other new food.
    bennysmom519

Answer by bennysmom519 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yolk only, no whites. Hold off if there is any family history of allergies.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2009