Am I the only one that finds tiny little bikinis on little girls inappropriate?

Seriously. Looking for a new swimsuit online for DD for summer and it is so hard to find a cute one piece in her size. Even when looking at Carters/OshKosh they only have 2 or 3 choices for one piece suits! Most of the the ones I am finding are even more revealing than what I would wear. Is this common place today? I found a couple on Amazon that I like (but not about to drop $50 on a swim suit that she will only wear for one summer). I think I found a one piece at Target that I like, it is probably what I will end up getting her.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 11:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2014 in General Parenting

• Its horrible and disgusting! No wonder we have so many pedophiles. Hey, lets give them what they want, showing more skin on our young ones.

PUKE
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• I only get tankinis for the girls and they are tween/teens. I think it's weird for little girls to wear the tiny little string bikinis. Half the time the tops are all weird and they don't stay in place, and the bottoms are going up the kid's butt! Why bother with a suit at all?

We always find cute tankinis at Justice Just For Girls, but their sizes start at size 6, I think.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• I like the tanks as well. My dd is 5 and extremely tall for her age. Trying to find a one piece that fits her right is hard. If it fits her up and down then it's big on the sides. If it fits the sides then it's to small up and down. I do not however like most 2 pieces on kids. Why would you put a 5 year old in a string bikini and call it cute.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• No, you are not the only one!!! UGH!!!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 11:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2014

• I agree with the shorts, and the ass-hugging jeans...are you SHITTING me?!

I skip girl's section for shorts and pants and go with boy's section on those items. No skin tight, too short shit there...AND ITS CHEAPER!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• I do too. I am a big fan of one piece suits.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• meh. i like two pieces for toddlers. especially when they are potty training. that said, you don't have to get porno suits.

IMHO something like this is sweet. after all it's just a belly button. 

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• I was almost shocked when our friends brought their 3 year old over last summer in a bikini. It was nothing like feral's cute little picture. It was a tiny little almost nothing bikini. The friends had just come from Walmart where their little girl proudly walked around wearing that. oh my
    abecee

Answer by abecee at 6:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• oops, forgot to add "The friends had just come from Walmart where their little girl proudly walked around wearing that. oh my" was my gasp at there total lack of common sense. Not anything I would have done with my own daughter.
    abecee

Answer by abecee at 6:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2014

• I like bikinis, decent ones, there is nothing dirty or ugly about some of them...and pedophiles do not care what they are wearing....there are a lot cute two pieces that need not be indecent in any way shape or form....

Answer by older at 11:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2014