is it normal to hate being pregnant or is it just hormones

Im feeling guilty because I already absolutley love my little one so much that I dream of him every night but I really hate the whole pregnancy process. It feels like it will never be over and the weight is so heavy to carry around... the mood swings, not being able to be comfortable ect. is just getting to me... any advice?

babyq

Asked by babyq at 7:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lots of people hate being pregnant. in the end its all worth it though. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I hated being pregnant with both my kids but once they came out and it was all over I was the most happiest mom you could ever imagine.
    Its normal in my eyes
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nope, I hate being pregnant too. I never get the whole mushy, gushy feelings I'm "supposed" to. I feel like a gassy, crampy, manatee out of water most days. All I keep thinking of is soon I'll be able to sleep on my stomach again. I don't feel glowing or beautiful, I feel shiny and fat(er).

I love the end result though so it's worth it. Not every creative process is beautiful or easy lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I absolutely HATED being pregnant...all three times. I was ready to be done with one, but then we had two "surprises".

(not that I would trade them now, though...)

While I didn't like being pregnant, I was VERY lucky when it came to delivery....I'd do that again in a heartbeat!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I hated being pregnant too. Every minute of it.. I think I was severely depressed most the pregnancy. Now I've been trying to conceive for about a year and I'm depressed I'm not pregnant. Jeesh! I just can't make up my mind...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 7:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I guess I see it as part of the process. There are parts that really suck, but in the end, it worth it.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• OH! As far as advice goes.. Iv'e been told getting all gussied up and going out helps.. or treating yourself to something nice... I personally think that whatever you feel while you're pregnant... you are allowed to feel, ya know? Revel in that shit. There is sooo much pressure already, and more to come after the baby arrives.. Just let yourself feel however the hell you feel. Indulge endlessly in the craving du jour and watch trashy romance movies all weekend. Throw candles at inanimate objects when your pissed. You're pregnant! It's a nine month pass to do whatever your body tell you to do.. who says you HAVE to do it glowing?
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 7:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I had the worst pregnancy too, but now I miss it. I miss feeling him kick && being able to get away with looking fat in clothes because I was preggers. LoLz.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 7:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• at 38 weeks I am not a big fan of pregnancy right now. Its normal hun, it will all be over before to long.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Lol, I think most moms feel that way at some point during pregnancy. I just tried to pamper myself, a LOT. lol. However if you are passed 7 months, I would not suggest the movie theaters.. the seats were uncomfortable, you have to get up a pee so much you miss most of the movie, and you can't move around to really get comfortable.. ugh. Never again. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2009