Any idea how to stop a cat from spraying or to keep tjem away grom out house

My 18 month old has asthma and we have a cat that keeps spraying our window the pound wont do anything about it

tyffany123

Asked by tyffany123 at 4:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2014 in Pets

• There are lots of cat repellent sprays out there - some of them don't even smell bad :) Dousing it with water every time it comes near would work too. Or you could try catching the cat and taking him to a shelter...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2014

• Mothballs
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 6:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2014

• I'd call a vet to be sure.
    My dad would sprinkle red pepper flakes all over his flower beds to keep the cats out. That worked for him.
    momngram

Answer by momngram at 8:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2014

• I've known people who used the mothball approach.
    offandon

Answer by offandon at 9:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2014

• My dh would tell you a .22 works well. (We get lots of strays dropped off here in the country and you have to pay for the pound to take them.) Personally I'd try bleach, amonia, mothballs, etc.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2014

• Most shelters aren't going to do anything because they're already inundated with cats. If it's the same window, maybe trying some sort of a barrier for a while may help. Otherwise the repellants would be the way to go.
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2014