should I trust her after this....?

So the other day I was at Walmart with my 2 YO, my 6 month old, and my MIL and I was in the baby section with my LO while my 2 YO was getting groceries with my MIL. All of a sudden I hear over the intercom, "We have a young girl here who says her name is ___ ___, she is wear blue jeans a pink disney princess shirt...." and I flipped! It was my 2 YO! I ran to go get her and she was crying and scared and was like "mommy mommy" I was so pissed. Not only did my MIL lose my daughter, she didn't bother to call my cell right after it happened. She had been lost 20 minutes before the intercom call! Ugh! Should I trust her with my kids again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• No, absolutely not!!! She just proved that she is not to be trusted. Not only did she lose your daughter, she didn't bother to even contact you to let you know that your daughter was lost. In my book, she just lost all PRIVILEGES for any kind of alone time with any of your children.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• uhh...no. but im pretty over protective so maybe thats just me.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i wouldnt
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 7:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Everyone makes mistakes, but in matters of our children, it isn't acceptable. Don't lecture or belittle, not that you would, but I'd recommend not trusting her with the child on her own again. This seems harsh, but it is my reaction.

Answer by Bmat at 7:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 7:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• No way, I am very over protective, but even then she should have a least called you, WTH is wrong with ppl
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Never again! It only takes one time! I dont' even know if I'd speak to her after this! She should have called you immediately! Was she even looking for her?
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Oh no she didn't. No way.......
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Adam Walsh was out of his mothers sight for 5 minutes when he was abducted and murdered. I would not leave the child with that person again regardless of WHAT her relationship to you or the child is. Once trust is broken it is very difficult to rebuild. She had her chance and your child is lucky all she got was scared.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nope...not at all.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009