Securitey blanket?

my son doesn't sleep alone (in his crib) he sleeps in his carseat..next to me! N i kno that some kids have like a security blanket that comforts them. I was wondering if the blanket I always put with him, n if i like "put my sent" on it...would he be comferted by that? Like help him fall asleep?

kylie_2008

Asked by kylie_2008 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• kylie_2008: I would not use a blanket quite yet when transferring your son into different sleep arrangements.. they can cause a baby to suffocate. However if it helps, you can let him fall asleep in the car seat and transfer him to the crib, or try using a swing to help him fall asleep. My daughter loved falling asleep in the car seat or swing, due to the movement.. (most of these mothers are forgetting that a lot of mothers go for drives to get little ones to sleep so what you are doing is the same most mothers do). Also.. my doctors has told me as long as they are strapped in, it is safer than other places people put their children. Just make sure they are on the ground and not a table, etc. But as for the blanket.. things like blankets, and bumpers should be removed from the crib, until the baby is able to sit up alone, and roughly the age that they start to crawl. After that.. you are good.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• How old is he? If he's in the crib he shouldn't have a blanket because of risk of suffocation.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I don't think your scent or not would make a difference. I question his sleeping in the carseat- you mean a carseat that he is strapped in to? I can't imagine this being comfortable for overnight sleeping. He must be uncomfortable, and what kind of neck support can he have. I may well be wrong, but I think the crib would be much more comfortable for him and give him a chance to move around instead of being confined in such a way with restricted movement.

Answer by Bmat at 7:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• um so what are you saying are you leaving your child sleep in a car seat all night cuz that just is not right.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• What? I agree, that can NOT be good for a baby to sleep in a carseat all the time, why do you do that?

Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• BECAUSE HE LIKES IT!!!! If he didn't like it..im pretty sure he wouldn't sleep in it!! He JUST started to try n sleep on his side in it..thats why im trying to get him in his crib! N I think im asking for help to GET HIM TO SLEEP IN HIS CRIB!! not for critisisum on his current sleeping area! N yes I have thought about how comferatble it is..i wouldn't think its very comferatable eather! But thats how hes commfey to sleep! I would GREATLY appreciate it if you guys could HELP me (what im looking for anyway!) instead of critisising me!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• well he started sleeping there for a reason you dont have to act like that i am pretty sure ninety percent of us mothers would not let our baby sleep in a car seat all night. honestly with the wording and spelling i think you are a troll trying to cause problems
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ok jodi...i bet your a A+ mother aren't ya?!?! HE HAS A BLANKET IN THE BOTTOM OF IT!!! hes not sleeping on the buckles!!!! N im sorry im a bad speller..but hey..i bet your PERFECT!!! n im a troll trying to cause problems...umm I was only on here to get advice from other moms...your the only one being rude n b*tchey! I would GREATLEY appreciate it..if you wouldn't say anything about my parenting skills!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2009