• In the Spotlight:

how do you deal with a passive aggressive person.

like if the person is your mom, and they don't understand they are being passive aggressive

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 7:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I read a great book one time called How to Live with a PA man. I'm sure the basic concepts would be the same for a female. It sure helped me deal with my SO. Try some websites for PA. There are some great ones out there.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• UGH there are way too many PA people in my family. I've found the most disarming thing to do to them is to be SUPER sickeningly nice to them no matter what they try to pull on you and don't react to anything with emotion. I know that sounds overly simple and weird but it works.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 8:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Ditto what Aurora said. Kill them with kindness and never let them see that they're getting to you.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 8:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• When you figure that out let me know b/ my mother is the most passive aggressive person I have ever known.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:03 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Maybe say all your insults in a really nice kinda passive agressive way. Lol. Fight fire with fire. It won't help the situation, but it will help you feel better about the situation. Just turn around and say everything kinda under your breath.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2009