Fundraising/ Do you HATE being ask for a donation for cheerleading (or anything) when the kids are just standing there with their bucket?

I dont mind paying for a service like a car wash or buying cookies or whatever.
But I cant stand when they are just standing there expecting you to put money in their bucket for being cute.
To me the parents arent teaching their child the value of working for money and buying what they need or desire.
YES, these sports and things and the trips can get expensive, I was in the band and a majorette myself. But my parents CHOSE to let me join and they were responsible for the bill, not the general public.
Like I said before, DO SOMETHING. sell something, wash something, ect ect, and EARN your MONEY!

(I feel better now) (I was hounded at Walmart today)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• It does make me feel uncomfortable. They are begging. I don't mind paying a high price for candy or a sub, but begging doesn't seem right.

Answer by Bmat at 8:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yep, it sucks but we all get stuck with it and then our kids will be the ones doing it (hopefully not).
    Anonymous

• Well, when I was a kid, for cheerleading we went door to door selling pizzas orders. Not exactly safe to do today.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I don't mind when they come knocking for some of our empty cans to get the deposit. Saves me the trouble of taking the mess to Krogers!
    patobello

Answer by patobello at 11:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It doesn't bother me at all. I don't mind helping kids with their activities.
    InsanitySpeaks

Answer by InsanitySpeaks at 8:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009