What would you do if you could

control everything in your house even when you're away? I think it's called a smart something or other. Idk, I've been hearing about it a lot suddenly. Seems like everywhere I go somene is talking about it. ;P

anime_mom619

Asked by anime_mom619 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2014 in Technology

• I would make sure everything was turned off. lol, or if DH was home play tricks on him. Like turning the bedroom light on in the middle of the night. Randomly turning TVs and faucets on, stuff like that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2014

• I wouldn't want to... doesn't sound very smart at all. What if you got hacked... your trying to watch tv and someone asswipe is turning your stuff on and off!! LOL
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 7:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2014

• I don't see it as a real need. So not very interested.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2014

• It doesn't seem very smart to me either. How do I know the device is doing what I want it to do? How do I know it won't randomly blow my house up while I'm gone?
    anime_mom619

Comment by anime_mom619 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2014

• I only want one now to troll my husband. Haha!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2014

• Ok, now I kinda want one for that reason too, AF.
    anime_mom619

Comment by anime_mom619 (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2014

• We have multiple remotes that operate multiple TVs and a main computer that can shut off access to all devices...
    That IS fun :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2014

• I'm rarely away and can't imagine why I'd want to control my house from somewhere else.
    NearSeattleMom

Answer by NearSeattleMom at 4:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2014

• Ramble ... my thoughts exactly. Every time I see that commercial, my first thought is hackers and some BE artist stepping into the technological age.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2014

• When my boys were teenagers, I fantasized about this... Being able to remotely turn on all the lights, lock doors, etc... Can you imagine, you think you're sneaking a kiss with the gf in a darkened room and BAM!! on come the lights, the stereo, etc. Priceless. LOL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2014