has anyone forgiven a cheating husband????how is your relationship after all that????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I forgave my husband for getting oral sex from another woman. I love him to much to lose him just because he made a mistake. He knows he did wrong and feels terrible about it. So I forgave him and our relationship is stronger than ever because of it.
    Anonymous

• Cheating boyfriend -- that count?

Cliff's Notes Version: met, fell in love, had baby, he had brainfart & thought the grass was greener, left for hoochie, I let him go, moved, got a job, went on with my life as best I could. (VERY depressed, but functional)

Months later, he calls sobbing --- the old "I f*cked up & want my family back" thing. We talk, I agree to meet with him & TRY to see what we can piece back together (if anything) on MY terms...and COMPLETELY & ONLY on MY terms, he agrees. Moves down here, goes through pure hell for a good long time (I can give you details of what I mean by "hell" in private if you like...), and eventually regains my trust.

Fast forward to today: We now have 4 kids & just had our 7th anniversary. Haven't even had an arguement in 3 yrs.

So yeah ---- it's possible, but SOOOO many factors go into it. Every situation is unique.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i forgave my husband who had an affair with a friend of mine and then again an emotional affair with a girl at work. we have been together 22 years and i just layed it out to him as to what i felt what I thught was unacceptable and he stopped and apologized more than once. I know he doesnt want to loose hi family but I think he knows I will not tolerate him cheating ever again. People make mistakes, its how they ahndle those mistakes that makes a difference. Are they sorry bcause they loe you and really care? or are they sorry because they got caught? Hopefully it was just bad judgement.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My SO cheated on me three times.
    The final third time she cheated with one of my "friends"
    i told him you either shape upor ship out and the next time you talk to me in through a lawyer over visitaion rights for our daughter.
    so far things have been good, but we're going to counsellnig too.
    Anonymous

• I was cheated on by my then fiance now husband...I was NOT happy about it at all, but now we are married and have been married for 5 yrs. Its ok, but I will not lie, sometimes I end up thinking about what he did to me and wish I had just left then, because I hate thinking about him with someone else. I am just very emotional and I gave him ALL of me, for Gods sake I was about to leave my parents for him because my parents did not like him at all....We have a VERY long past...but I have forgiven him but cannot and will not forget it. I guess its what YOU make it.
    Anonymous

• Sure I forgave him.... after the divorce!
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 9:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Unfortunately, I forgave him and he kept doing it. We are divorced.
    Anonymous

• hell no i wouldnt forgive him
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• im still angry and hurt i hold a realllllllllllllllllly long grudge. and my husband did the same thing as the first respond. i hate him and wanna cute off his thing and i dont trust him for the life of me. oh and he did it when we married for only 8 months
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• oh and i regrete staying with him every day and wish i divorced him instead but i wanted a baby and hoped id forgive but nope still hate him and dont know if i can forgive him and love him
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2009