Safe age to let a baby have a cracker?

Whats a safe age to feed a baby what we eat? Like a cracker or something? Im NOT saying like steak or stuff like that lol! But bread, crackers, etc.

Or what foods (besides baby food) should you start them on?

kylie_2008

Asked by kylie_2008 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is baby how many teeth what else are you feeding him while he is sleeping in his carseat
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Good first finger foods are Baby Mum Mums (rice rusks) (I started these as soon as I started solids...5 mo.), gerber puffs, chunks of ripe banana (6 mo.). Once they've mastered those, you can start small pieces of toast (less of a choking hazard than a soft bread), crackers, cheerios, soft cooked veggies and fruits, squished beans/grapes/blueberries (again..choking hazard), small pieces of chicken nugget, fish, tofu, etc. (8-10 mo.) It really depends on your baby. The more practice they get, the better they'll be. Just introduce foods slowly and see how it goes.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It depends on how good the baby is at eating other things. When my son was 6 months my ped. told me to give him the puffs that gerber makes. They are small and kind of melt in their mouth. That way they get used to chewing. Once they have that down then they can have crackers and cherios. About 9 months is when his ped said to go ahead and give him the table foods that he could handle. He actually said that if I cut the peices small enough and if it was cooked all the way he could have steak and chicken and things like that.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ok to jodi: hes 5 1/2 months, has 2front bottom teeth....o n hey!! GOOD job with the snappy bi*chey remarke about the car seat thing!! WOW!!! I explaned that already! If it was uncomferatble for him..I don't think he'd sleep in it! N i bet im not the only mother out there that does that! Right now...untill i can break him of it or find something else! thats like his security! Its eather that or in my arms n I can't do that! I ALSO have a blanket it it! So its not like hes sleeping on the buckles or anything..i have a comffey blanket in the bottom!!!!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• well they have teething cookies and yogurt bites try some of those
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2009