Getting respect from the other side...

This can be for any religion...My son (age 2) is very perceptive to things that are spiritual (paranormal, whatever you want to call it). He often talks to/sees his deceased grandpa (and who knows who else). I'm ok with this. It makes me a bit nervous b/c I can't see it, but I understand that it comes from a good place. Well, last night he woke up (usually sleeps all night) and I decided to let him hang with me for a while. We watched some cartoons and he started saying "hi" to his "popa" and saying "popa's here". Ordinary for us, no biggie. Well, long story short...we were in the kitchen talking about the cartoon we were watching and he just stops our conversation, looks at the ceiling and waves his hands above his head and says "Go away birds! Go away!" (I think this is his reference to angels) He did this a few more times that night. It doesn't usually scare him, but sometimes I think it bothers him. CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The next time your son mentions his Popa being there, I'd just start the conversation. I'd tell him that you don't wish him to go away, but could he please allow your son to sleep when he needs to. I believe that they hear and understand us completely. You could also look into a support group for parents of psychic children. They would have a lot more answers since they deal with it on a day to day basis. Hope this helps some. =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• CONT- Is there any way I can get whoever to leave him alone once in a while? Especially while hes trying to sleep or play by himself/with us?
    Anonymous

• Is there a way you can get WHO to leave him alone??? I'm confused.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried talking to them yourself? Tell them that your son needs to sleep. Tell them they can come around but not at bedtime. Remember that spirits/ghosts are human. Tell them that if they cant let him sleep and abide that they cannot stay. They will listen. I think its wonderful that you have accepted your sons gifts.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• OP Here- I considered talking to them myself, but I don't want to push them away from my son or make them feel unwelcome...maybe if I'm nice about it...and only when its seems to be interuppting his routines...

Good one, thanks!
    Anonymous

• I just say embrace it...When he gets older he may lose that stop harnessing that and become "normal" I know I used to see things like that, and Angels too, but as I got older it stopped...
    Anonymous

• hmmm if they were angels as in the ones from Heaven, he wouldn't be telling them to go away. So I can't truly say what he was really seeing . Yes children that age can see more than we realize. Depending on how they are being raised and the kind of household they are in belief wise, they will see which ever has dominance in the home. Angels or Demons.
    That's all I'll share being I do not know much about your religious background.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Well if it's papa, you can politely ask that he leave so his grandson can sleep. The same would be true of other "visitors" Just ask all spirits to please leave now so my son can sleep. and if any persist Archangel Michael will escort them out if you ask him to.
    Anonymous

• Shaneagle777: Very good response. I totally agree.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• in my religion we say that angels and the dead are part of the unseen. we believe that there are spirts called jinn.. which can be good or bad.. that roam.. and are with us.. whether a child can see it or not (im not sure about) however we are told to read the last 3 surahs (chapters of the quran before going to bed for protection .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009