How hard is it to put your child up for adoption emotionally

I am 21 and a mom of a 3 yr old. I just found out I am expecting again and don't know what to do. Please give me advice on what is the best to do. To go with my heart I would raise my child, but I am just so young to be a mom of two

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is young but is no like u r 13 i think u should raise your kid yes think change less party and stay out whenever u want but just think there are so many other the want to have kid and can God is giving u blessing with a baby just raise the baby and u be fine
    Anonymous

• I don't think you're 'too young', but then again, only you know the entirely of your circumstances.

I think if its the right choice for you, then your mind and soul will be at peace with your decision. Same goes if you decide to keep your baby.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• if you are 2 young to be a mom of 2 then you are 2 young to have sex. That is my opinion about it. I mean if you have sex you pay the consaquinces. I am not trying to say this, this way to be mean or rude, but that is the way I look at it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• mommy5409, unfortunately, that advice isn't going to help her now. She's already pregnant.

And for all any of us know, she could've been raped or something.

I mean, I agree with you, but to a point.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Do what YOU think is right. If you think you couldn't give the life you would want to give to this child, then maybe giving it up for adoption is best and you would know you did the best you could for that baby. and just knowing that is what can get you through it. That you gave them the life they deserve that you couldn't do by yourself. and don't take any of the BS some people will throw at you. They don't know what you are going through and what you are feeling inside and what you think is right.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Hey, don't listen to anyone on their soapbox. I have a couple friends that have put their kids up for adoption. Both of them get updates and pictures and they get to see that their children are being raised very well. Both sets of adoptive parents were infertile and couldn't have their own children and were very thankful for the opportunity to have a family. That brings my friends comfort, I think. I also have a friend who is a young single mother with 2 kids . She is one of the strongest people I know. It is very empowering to see her raise her kids well, by herself and on VERY limited income. Just know you are strong enough to handle whichever decision you make!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 9:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• mommy5409, that doesnt really help her now does it?
    In answer to your question. I'm sure it is very hard emotionally but only you know what is best for you and your children. Honestly, it will probably be tough no matter what you choose. Good luck.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I thought I was to young also for 2 kids but I thought about my son and how he would love a baby brother or sister. I am 19 (about to be 20) when I had my 2nd he was 3years old I just had my 2nd 1month ago. If you need to talk you can message me! and GL gurl!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i think that someone who chooses to give their child up for adoption is an INCREDIBLY strong woman who deserves the utmost respect. that is the hardest decision for a mother to make. there are many couples out there who want nothing more than to give a home to a child but are physically unable. If you choose to do this know its going to be so hard but if YOU feel its best for the baby then it is. Try for an open adoption so you can know about your baby and know he or she is doing well. YOU are the only person who can make that decision not anyone else. Im so sorry you feel it will be hard. But i can tell you i have an 8 month old and i think i may be pregnant again, i dont knowfor sure but i might im only 22 and i know how hard its going to be but i also strongly believe that god will never give you anything you cant handle. If you need to talk feel free to PM me, im praying for you and i hope everything works out
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:11 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• and dont let any of these a-holes on their high horses make you feel badly, they dont know your specific situation just think long and hard about your decision and make peace with it.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009