Is this a bunch of BS?

Ok, so I had my account with Wellsfargo last year and had it canceled when my husband and I got married so we could have a joint account. I canceled it on the 21st of October. Meanwhile, at FYE they had this offer where you spent so much and they would give you three free issues of a magazine that I had gotten back in February with. I had paid with my credit card. So, when I asked for my accounts canceled, I asked for my checking, savings, AND credit card to be canceled. Well, I JUST got a statement saying I am 68 days late (meaning it has already been sent to collections twice) that the magazine accounts were charging my credit card for the FREE magazines on the 28th of October and 2nd of November.

Number 1, those magazines were supposed to be free and they have NO RIGHT to charge me months after the fact.

Number 2, they should not have been able to charge that account at all because it was supposed to be CLOSED

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• dispute the changes IN WRITING! Verbal disputes don't protect your rights, and you can't send a copy of verbal disputes to the credit reporters.
    and in the future, choose the 'bill me later' option so you don't get into credit card problems again.
    patobello

Answer by patobello at 10:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I tried calling the credit account and all they could do was give me numbers to the magazines which I did call and they did not even give me an option of talking to a customer service representative.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?????
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Usually, when you get free issues of a magazine there is small print somewhere (that no one reads) that says if you don't cancel the subscriptions in time, you'll be charged. This is why you should NEVER take free magazine subscriptions if they have access to a credit card number or bank account number.
    Anonymous

• Dispute the charges.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2009