solid foods....please help

My DD started on solids about 3 weeks ago. I very successfully gave her some organic pureed avocados. She loved them. Fed them to her for 2 weeks. Now Ihave switched to sweet potatoes and the first day she loved them but now she throws her tongue forward and doesn't want them. She acts hungry and has no problem taking a BM bottle but I don't know what to do as far as solids are concerned. Should I wait? She is 6 months.

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 9:33 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she ate the avocados for a 2 weeks, I definately wouldn't wait. I would try other foods for a little bit and then try the sweet potatoes again. They say that it can take a baby 15 tries to really like a food. All the flavors are so different and new to them...not to mention the different textures.

I didn't stick with one food for that long. I tried one a day for the first week and then started adding more than one food in a day. She is 7.5 months old and eats everything. My little girl eats a fruit in the morning with cereal, and then a vegetable and then a meal in the evening. She always has a bottle with each of the baby foods. But my little girl is an eater.

I guess what I am saying is that I would just try a new food....lol
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• She may just not like them. Maybe try a different food.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009