Has anyone ever watched themselves give birth?

I once read a list of things to take to the hospital for the delivery and it actually had a mirror on the list (so that you can see yourself give birth). Has anyone done this? I think I would have hit the doctor (or my husband) in the head, lol.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol at the hospital I had my son at they have big mirrors that they roll over to the end of the bed and can be leaned however far forward you need them to so that you can watch the delivery. I didn't watch because I thought I'd freak out and be kind of grossed out but now I kind of wish I would have seen it. I don't think i'd be grossed out now i'd probably be proud for squeezing that big of a thing out of that little of a hole. lol
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:50 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• When I had my son 9 years ago there was a large mirror in the ceiling that could come down and be positioned so I could watch. I kept telling the doctor I couldn't see......she told me to open my eyes when I pushed and I would. Well, what do you know, it worked!! HA - guess that is why she made the big bucks. It was really amazing.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• No, but If I give birth again I WILL by gushions!
    Anonymous

• Ew! NO WAY JOSE'! They asked me if I wanted a mirror and I said no way...now my DH watched, even the C-sections
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I did it was an awesome experience!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I did with my son. He is now 9. It was the most amazing event of my life. It helped that I had an epidural, and could watch.

The hospitial had mirrors on the ceiling and one big moveable mirror on wheels that could be adjusted so I could see.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i didn't. i didn't want to see if i droped a load. . . lol

but if i knew for sure that i didn't then sure i'd watch. haha
    Anonymous

• Yup I had a mirror at the end of the bed when I had my son. I think women should be active participants and fully aware of what is happening to their body and their baby.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• they asked me if i wanted to use a mirror when my daughter was born and I said no way....I don't think I would ever want to see that thing get that big...
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I just think that I would have been hurting too much to really be able and focus. But then come to think about it, it just might have helped me focus. But, holding a mirror, would definitely of been too much. So, the rooms with mirrors, or the mirrors attached at the end of the bed make alot more sense.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2009