Anyone know anything about Quickbook Nationwide Modeling Agency?

I recently summited my daughters pictures and bio and we recieved a letter today stating that they would love to represent her. My worry is that they want $198, and that just doesnt sound right. They say it is for an "insurance Fee" to help insure that they will show up on jobs to cover client "no show fees". But they state that you do not have to pay for them to represent you. Do you have any experence in the business? or with Quickbook Nationwide?

KalisMommy

Asked by KalisMommy at 10:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Any time an agency charges you, then you need to be in doubt. My son was in modeling and we didn't pay for anything except his headshots which was to be expected. I never paid any show fees, sign up fees, etc.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Sounds like a serious scam.
    Modeling agencies would
    allow you to come to the shoot
    pay you, and than from the
    money you make you pay them
    back any 'fees'.
    Its 200 dollars, if you can
    gamble it than why not?
    But if you can't afford it,
    I wouldnt try it.
    I never even heard of
    Quickbook Nationwide.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 10:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You never need to pay if it's legit
    Anonymous

• I am a full time agency reprsented model.NO! Do not pay! They tell everyone they can be a model...anyone who pays at least. No legit agency ever,ever asks for money;not even for pro pics. Legit agencies have you submit in polaroids to see what you look like naturally. Check out newmodels.com,it will give you the harsh and complete truth on modeling. Legit agencies are places like ford,elite,click and img.Do not pay this place, an agency finds you jobs and they make money when you make money;which is about 10-15%.Please dont fall for this scam.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My son was also accepted by this agency. I did pay the $198 because they "pay" for his comp cards. After figureing out how much those were, the price was pretty similar. For 100 cards and the design it was about $180. I guess it depends on what you are willing to spend your money on. I figured that we could afford it, so I signed him up. They only take 10% commission as well, so I thought that seemed appropriate. Other agencies wanted anywhere between $1200-2000 and wanted 20% commission. That is rediculous.

I will probably keep him there and just see what happens. This doesn't mean that I will not keep looking, but for now, we'll just see what happens.

Good Luck
    higbeera

Answer by higbeera at 6:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i also submitted my daughter's photos and she was accepted [how crazy that sooo many babies are being accepted when they CLAIM to only accept 99% of applicants]. i was really excited and showed my husband the brochure we received in the mail [same letter, saying we had to pay the 198 insurance fee, half price] and he was very skeptical and told me to get more information. so i started researching it online and all i have seen is negative feedback. im not going to pay the fee [ we cannt afford it, one of the reasons we wanted our daughter getting into modeling in the first place was to help us out financially!] and i hope you dont take the risk either. if you do, and are successful, please let us all know.. that goes for you too higbeera.
    robot_queen

Answer by robot_queen at 12:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My daughter was also accepted. Do any of you who are involved with them have anymore info? Or have any of you joined since then?
    JennaWood

Answer by JennaWood at 12:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My daughter received a letter I will be taking the chance on this for my daughter, we take chances in life all the time and besides this is something that she wants to do, so why not. I've been to so many that were scams I knew it right from the start because of the large amounts of money they ask for upfront. The 198.00 it is for good faith to the company along with an apology letter. Your child may never be late or miss an appt. The fund covers all the ppl that are with the agency. You have to send in your own photo all they do is touch ups and ad them to comp cards. Each agent has there own company that they only deal with and so when they meet with them they each show your childs' photo if they are what their looking for. Your childs' photo should be posted on their website, The 198.00 is one time fee. They receive 10% fee for any job you get. Remember I'm just repeating what I was told you should always do your homework
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My two children have been represented through QuickBook models since 2006. Combined (so far) they have received 11 major national commercials and print ads totaling over $27,000. They have been in Takko clothing ads, Scholastic Books, M&M’s, Coca Cola and Parent’s Magazine editorials. The agent told us everything straight forward from the beginning and we continue to be very happy with the whole agency. I can’t understand why so many people spread self concocted negative opinions on the Internet about an agency that they obviously know nothing about. The agents work very hard for my children, and they pay all costs each year to represent them with composite card mailings to clients. The have a small client insurance fund which is reasonable and responsible. My kids need more kids listed in our province which brings in more jobs. Our family is very happy. Mai Lee / British Columbia
    BCmom4two

Answer by BCmom4two at 10:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I just received a letter from this company asking for the $198 insurance fee. I know that a lot of people say that if an agency asks for money up front that it's a scam, but when I do a search on the particular company of Quick Book Agency, I don't see anything relating to any scam.

Higbeera - have you had any luck since your posting in March of 09?

BCmom4two - Did you initially have to pay the $198 fee? How long was it before you got your first job?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    mmking

Answer by mmking at 2:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010