Has anyone heard about this in schools?

I was taking to my mom yesterday and she was telling me that schools (atleast around here) are letting kids with Lice Nits stay in school. They're saying they're letting then stay in school until the eggs actually hatch and then they get sent home. This just makes my skin crawl and my son is only 1. I don't know how they expect to catch them when they hatch unless they have the kid in the nurses office all day getting checked. You'd think the school corporation would think that if even one egg hatches and gets transferred to another kid it'll be like a domino affect since grade schoolers are close to other kids their age.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 11:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ugh. My school has a no nit policy, and I'm soooo thankful for it. The big problem we run into is families who don't properly clean their houses after their kid gets lice. Their heads might be clean, but they're reinfected within days because they are all over the house. *scratches head*
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I haven't heard that here and I think that is wrong and gross
    Anonymous

• I something about this on the news this morning. Some schools are nit-less schools. Not every school lets their children in with just baby lice.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Oh man that just gave me the creepy crawlies just thinking about it
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• our school always sent kids home if they had lice, nits or any other type of bugs. One girl i went to school with had fleas and was sent home because of it. She didn't have to stay out as long, because they said it's easier to get rid of, but she still wasn't allowed to stay.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009