Freecycle.. does anyone use it?

I have been using it giving stuff.. but anytime i reply to someone.. I cant seem to get anything! And no Iam not asking all the time just once in a while. Anyone esle use it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've only used it once. There was a lady giving away a toy box and since my son has too many toys I went and picked it up. She only lived a couple blocks from me though. I'm still signed up for it and look at all the emails I get from it but never really try to get any of it.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have used it often to either get things or get rid of things. I love it!!! In fact, someone's supposed to be coming tomorrow to pic up some stuff from me!
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 11:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

•  I joined it but I can't make heads or tails of it' maybe I just need to spend more time with it. I have lots of stuff to give. Am I doing something wrong? PM me if you know any tricks,or how to get started.Thanks,  Joyce                  PS. I don't get any E Mails  geeez am I supposed too?

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I hate all the emails i get from it.. I started spamming them! I havent ever got anything! I have tried to though.. noone ever responds! Now when I wanna get rid of stuff I just use craigslist!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Some tips for you when responding are to be polite first of all. Also, don't say that you never get picked because that makes you sound whiney. Respond with a quick time. So if they post at 12:30 give them a specific time like 1:45 for your pick up time. Often, I will give the items to whoever can come get them the fastest. Be courteous and send a thank you message when you do pick something up. That way if they have something else to give that you may want, they'll remember you. Try to remember that they may be bombarded with responses for pickup and have to wade through them all to choose who's the best fit for them. Maybe someone responded with a genuine need for the item instead of just a desire for it. And never no-show. If you tell someone you're coming and can't, send them a message or call them (the best thing) to let them know. There's nothing I hate more than when I have something to give and someone says they're
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 11:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• cont. Coming and don't show up or tell me. Thank them for considering you and let them know you've never no-showed. Politeness counts big in my book. I hope this helps you.
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 11:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have used it a few times. I think it is a great site, but you also need to be careful. I went to pick up 3 bags of kids toys and only about 30 percent were any good. She was just cleaning out her house and filled the bags with a bunch of junk! I didn't look in them before I took them. I guess I didn't expect it and then I had to get rid of everything. It was literally pieces of broken toys and diapers (clean ones) and junk thrown into garbage bags. HOW RUDE!!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 11:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I used to look at it but I gave up on that.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yes but the posts need to be able to be updated with PPU or p/u when item is taken. It can be confusing but it's helpful I have given/recieved.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2009