Do you think it's okay to take two puffs of marijuana if you breast feed?

Do you think it's okay to take two puffs of marijuana if you breast feed? Why and why not? If not why is it okay to take vicodin after birth and bfing. Wouldn't marijuana be less harmful?Idont want to do this but just wondering what you think... my friend and i were taking about it and want to see what you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• personally, I dont see a problem. Youre right, they do give you narcotics after birth.
    Anonymous

• no i dont think its okay, every thing you take is passed on to your baby. i dont think its okay to take vicodin either. JMO
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• hell no it goes to the baby
    Anonymous

• Are you retarded? No its NOT okay its all harmful. Geez lady... and ur allowed to have kids!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• um... NO! why would you want to pollute your baby? if your that hard up that you have to smoke pot why even breastfeed? just give your baby formula so they at least have some chance at a future without suffering the harmful effects of their mothers poor choices...
    muensters_ma

Answer by muensters_ma at 11:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i think 2 puffs is okay, 2 puffs isnt much at all
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Seeing as everything you ingest/inhale is passed on to the baby, No. I personally refuse to take anything worse than tylenol while breastfeeding. So vicodin is out of the question also.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• AITCH NO!! anyone who does deserves to have their children taken away...sorry to say, but it's true.

Vicodin/lortab/motrin is prescribed in the right dosage by your doctor to be safe for nursing-smoking pot isn't. Plus you should get off of pain meds as soon as possible. I see in no way a justification of smoking pot while nursing- or even if you have children for that matter!!!
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I've never breastfed but from what I heard anything that goes in your body the baby will take in as well.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Btw, I am not against marijuana (I do not use), but I just think you shouldn't use it when it could affect your child (pregnant, breastfeeding, around your kids, while caring for your kids).
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009