What is the normal heart rate for a girl?

I was just wondering what the normal heart rate is for a girl. I'm 35wks and my baby's heart rate is usually around 135-140 and I was told it was a girl, but yet I have been talking to people and they have been telling me that that's a normal heart rate for a boy. What do you guys know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Heart rate does NOT determine if it's a boy or girl..AT ALL.
    Anonymous

• Oh and if it did, I would have had a girl...which I didn't...but the heart rate was more like a girls according to the "old wives TALE."
    Anonymous

• its normal. my sons heartbeat was around that and i kept asking drs if that was normal. they all said yes baby's hearts beat a little fast. both sexes heartbeats are the same if that was the case the dr could tell if it was boy or girl by listening to the heartbeat, and not have to do an ultrasound
    chevymom421

Answer by chevymom421 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• There is no "normal" heart rate for a boy or a girl. All depends on the individual baby.
    Anonymous

• Well the old wives tale worked in my case. My first was a girl and the hb was always in the 160's. I am now pregnant with a boy and the heartbeat has been much lower this time in the 130-140's.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 11:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My boy was in the 130's, and both of my girls have been 140 to 150
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• wives tale worked for me: daughter in the 160's..this baby (boy) has always been in the 140's and below.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2009