HELP! How can I get black ink out of leather interior??

My 3 year old son scribbled ALL OVER the leather console in my hubby's truck, I need to get it out ASAP! It was a black ball point pen. I've tried Armor All and that didn't do anything at all...what should I do?!?!

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know hairspray will get out ink but im not sure about on leather.

Answer by mndpfff at 11:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I tried nail polish remover.

• 1
    Take the hairspray or perfume, and spray it onto the ink on the sofa.
    Let it sit for about five minutes, because it will bring the ink up and out of the material.
    Afterwards, softly work away the ink, and hairspray, and Voila!

• Have you tried Awesome? You can get it from the dollar store.

Answer by M.A.M2004 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• rubbing cuticle remover in works for leather furniture, so it might do the same on a leather interior.

Answer by patobello at 10:26 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• DONT try nail polish remover eeek! Try a small amount of hand sanitizer rub and pat it out don't smear it everywhere. Let it dry and try again a few times. It should come out. Use hand sanitizer instead of pure rubbing alcohol its too harsh. If that doesn't work depending on what kind of leather it is (if it is suede or nubuck dont try this) but most leathers have a wax pull up coating on them. Turn a hair dryer on low and hold a few inches away until slightly heated and try to rub it out. The heat will loosen the wax and likely bring out the ink. Good luck!

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2009