Feminine protection question.

I hate using pads but know that when this baby is born, i will have no choice but to use them for a little while. But i was wondering what brand everyone perfers, and if one brand is really better than the other, i'm strictly a tampon girl so i don't know what to go buy, but i do want to be prepared before the baby comes so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• kotex are good, so is always. just make sure you read and get the right size and protection. but right after you need the big ones ( i know it sucks) lol. than than after you stop bleeding (mine was about a month) you may not have a period for awhile, (if your breastfeeding) my dr said she didnt for 15 months and my son is 5 months and i havent had one yet
    chevymom421

Answer by chevymom421 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I used Depends (the adult diapers)! So much easier than pads, lol! I wish I had used them with my 1st born also, lol. Just like wearing panties!!!
    Anonymous

• I like Always, they have thin ones. I would get the ones that are overnight protection and for further protection, get chucks pads for under you bottom, to help protect furniture and you bed. You can find the chuck pads at any Walgreens or right aide and walmart ( I know the ones at Walmart are called Assurance and are in the old peoples section)
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i use Always. the super long ones would probably be best, it just depends on what works best for you. "ultra absorbency" works best for me at night because the other ones tend to leak
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Always has a new one called Infinity and it holds a ton of fluid....works really well.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:34 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• The hospital I delivered at gave me 2 packages of (HUGE) pads and disposable underwear... I didn't realize other hospitals didn't
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I use Always the super long overnight ones with wings. Kotex also absorb quite a bit.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• High absorbancy in a small size. Dont buy too many at first. You may want to change brands if you dont like the one you have. Buy some smaller ones too, they will be more comfortable as the flow slows down and eventually stops. My best advise is wear tight shorts or really tight underwear at night to get it tight up there, so you dont have all the messy leakage when you lie down. I sooo HATE pads dont you? Sorry, but I cant remember the pad names, but I do remember not liking the first ones I bought and threw them away. Then went and bought high absorbancy in a smaller size. I think I mainly made my decision of what to buy by the size of the package as you cant open them to see how big the dam thing is.
    Anonymous

• I also used the diapers. I like them a lot more than the pads. I was sad when I ran out of the diapers but my flow wasn't bad enough to use them anymore. Stupid pads.
    Anonymous

• I prefer STAYFREE ULTRA THIN OVERNIGHT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2009