Anyone have a funny story about their labor/delivery?

My fiance and I have an inside joke about Walker Texas Ranger now. All through my labor I wasn't in hardly any pain so we had the tv on the whole time even while I was pushing. The Tv was on the wall facing the bed. Well while our son was crowning Walker Texas Ranger was just coming on. My fiance was watching me push and as soon as he looked up at the tv he said Chuck Norris was staring directly at my vajayjay watching our son being born. Of course if anyone has watched the show and heard the intro song "When the eyes of a ranger are upon you..." I didn't notice of course because I was pushing but when my fiance told me afterwards I thought it was hilarious. Maybe some day our son will meet Chuck Norris and can tell him the story lol. Another funny thing that I didn't notice was the fact that we named our son Shooter (kind of cowboyish) kind of seems meant to be lol.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 11:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter was so fast in arriving once we got to the hospital that my husband almost didn't make it into the delivery room. I heard him go into the wrong deliverey room just as the other baby was being delivered yelling, "That d--- well better not be my baby!" He was ushered out by a kind nurse and escourted to the correct delivery room just minutes before our daughter was born.

DogMa (Liz)
    Dogma

Answer by Dogma at 11:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My son pooped on the nurse right as she went to lay him on the table clean him.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 11:36 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• lol my son flipped off my mom when he was just a few hours old! he laid hid middle finger on her arm. and he was first hooked up on the monitor he ripped the whole wire off!
    chevymom421

Answer by chevymom421 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Haha my son was born during Spongebob. We were watchingSunday morning cartoons then all of a sudden everything happened so fast that nobody turned off the tv. It is now ironically his favorite show. He smiles and jumps everytime he hears the theme song come on!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• When I was in labor the kitchen staff harassed us! I was not allowed to eat anything so it was crazy that they were even interested but they kept calling and asking what I wanted to eat, which was very frustrating given how hungry I was. They would walk into the room when ever they wanted and yell "DIETARY!" Then come back tot ask the tray away. When I finally had an epi they sent my husband out of the room but Dietary could walk right in! Finally the day I left they called up and asked what I wanted to eat so my husband ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup. My discharge papers came through just when I was leaving. That lady was soooo pissed that I wasn't going to eat the sandwich! I wish I could draw the look on her face!
    Anonymous

• I was scared to push. Not so much a funny story but some parts are.
    My son was being born and it was my first so I didn't know what to expect. As he was crowning 10 pm. March 31 98 I got scared when the Dr's says we can see the head one more push and your son will be here. Well stupid me decided I wasn't ready to be a mother and closed my legs. My mom was also in the room and slapped me clear upside my head because what I didn't know was he couldn't breath. His oxygen was getting lower and lower. Instead of my Grandmother who was also in there coaching looking to see if my son was okay she thought it was a good idea to tell me what color I was down there. I'm light skinned but apparently dark down there. I laughed and finally began to push as I wanted all of those Dr's from between my legs including my son's father and my mom.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My DH was watching the Dr work and when it came time to numb me up for the episotomy he said and I quote "OMG did you see the size of that needle!!!" He had a death grip on my arm and nearly passed out. LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I went to the hospital because I thought my water broke. They said no. I left but was having contractions off/on all day. Decided to go back "just in case" that afternoon. I go in, change into the gown & the nurse goes to check me & just turns & runs out of the room. I was like "What?!" She come running back in and everyone is rushing around to take me down the hall out of the triage room because the baby's head was so close to coming out that the nurse had bonked her on the head with her fingers when she went to check me! She was like "Can't you tell the baby's head is right there?" I was like "Look, I've been in pain for days. Everything is uncomfortable right now. I can't tell!" So I pretty much just walked in to L & D and had the baby. We were "that close" to having her in the car. If we had waited even a few more minutes we would have had her on the highway instead!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• mommatime78 & pnwmom OMG how funny. Especially you mommatime78!!

mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 11:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my whole pregnancy i swore i was having a girl and thats what i wanted!!! ....i was in labour for 45.5 hours, then had an emergency c section, and once they cut me open and took out my baby they said "ohh ohhh its a BOY"! and i remember thinking WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! I was soooo pissed!! then like 5 seconds later they were like "no its a GIRL!!!" thank god!! i was so scared i had a boy..i mean i know it shouldnt of mattered..as long as the baby was healthy, thats all that matters..but yaa i did NOT want a boy..my bf at the time left me when i was pregnant, cuz he wasnt ready for a kid, and i was scared that if i had a boy the baby would look to much like his dad..so yaa..didnt wanna boy! so happy she was a girl! but that feeling that i had when they said boy! it was terrible!!!!!!! ok so thats not so much a "funny" story..but..its a story..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2009