what do you guys think about the cartoon in the NY Post?

here's a link. http://hot//105fm.com/news/nypostcartoon021809.html?_form=1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it was taken out of context. Honestly I think a lot of people look to start drama. To see racism in things like this, you have to be in a mindset of everyone is racist. It's kind of like the kool-aid comments, those aren't meant to be racist, but people can turn it into a racist comment.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think it was insensitive. Blacks have been historically been called monkeys, and ape-like in racist manners and comparing a dead monkey to Obama was in bad taste. I don't see how people don't see it as racist.
    by the way, I didn't vote for Obama and I'm not black. I still took offense to it.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• oy vey. there is another post about this that has been fought over.... here we go again, lol
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Broken link....
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 1:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• time to turn the channel and bring out the violin.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It wasn'y funny but the people having a meltdown over it need to get a grip. EVERY president has had stupid cartoons made about him, and every one of them has lived through it. Obama is just going to have to do the same.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree 100% with Pagan Mama!

However, the difference here, is that anything and everything, whether it be cartoons or negative comments towards Obama, will most likely be considered racist.
    sharebearmomof2

Answer by sharebearmomof2 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Hey let's insist the secret service go to the cartoonists homes and walk through make sure they do not have "displays of hate" through their homes! Let's do this with ANYBODY who says or does ANYTHING that we deem to be wrong!

Yes let's waste federal resources and trample all over peoples freedom of speech,,,,harrass them ....embarress them in their communities the whole nine yards.

Yes i'm being sarcastic........but really this is getting totally rediculous...we are not communists
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Unless you have walked in the shoe of a black person and been called that you will never understand......Yea it is easy for YOU to say get over it... most of us try tO....... it is some stupid a@@H@#le.....thats put that out there to get people all upset........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• anon you are deeming it to be racist does not mean it was meant to be and who says the monkey was to be though of as the president? What should be done anon? What would be good enough for you?...if you want to go scream the cartoonist down go for it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2009