Do you think that women are more emotional than men or is that stereo type just a lame excuse for men to avoid us?

I was wondering this because I believe my husband is soooo sensitive. I love him dearly but I get the cold shoulder from him when I want to talk to him about something that is bugging me. I don't bust his chops but I do want to be respected. On the other side though when he does give me the chance to get something off my chest he never will acknowledge that I am upset. He turns it into how me being upset hurts his feelings. He turns every conversation we actually get to have about issues into how he feels. Yet I am the one that gets the 'your too emotional' label. I get mad but geez I listen to how he feels without making it about me. What do you think of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• You are definitely not alone. Mine is the exact same way...21 years of this and no matter how many conversations we have had in all those years, men do not change at least not for longer than a few months at a time and they resort back to what they know...being selfish and insensitive. Of course, there will be the ones that will say otherwise...Good for them is all I can say... 8-)))

Anonymous

• yeah mine is sensitive too..
    weird!
    hm, i dont know i think were both equally emotional...
    still it depends on the person.
    i think men also know that they have to "look tough" and be "strong"
    but im sure sometimes they cry and im sure
    they thinkkkk about things too much, just like us women.
    but yeah.. were all sensitive..
    it seems like just a sterotype to me :p
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Ya, mine is always the victim too. I just cant help wondering if it does'nt start with their mothers not teaching or telling them how to connect with a woman. I've known wonderful, thoughtful, romantic men that I could connect with emotionally, But unfortunately, no physical attraction. Why does the one that gets my heart have to be such a insensitive jerk every time? I just cant win. In my next life i'm going to be a celebate lesbian!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Isn't that weird? Both my ex and now my current husband do the same thing... turn everything around into all about him. LOL! Men are such dorks...

In answer to your question, though, I do think that women are more emotional than men.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't think women are more emotional. I think that we may be emotional about things that guys may not care about. It could be the same for them though. We all see things differently. As far as men playing the victim, well I just don't get it. I don't understand why they make things harder by not just trying a little harder to talk through a minor issue instead of acting like oh you are trying to change me or oh I see I am a bad spouse. Ugh. I mean come on where does that get you?
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 3:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009