• In the Spotlight:

Is anybody going to see Madea Goes to Jail?

M.A.M2004

Asked by M.A.M2004 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Entertainment

• Iam and so is my 5 year old. We keep up with all his movies... she loves them! We saw a family that preys.. I loved it~ Tyler Perry always has a great message in his movies! Meet the browns was great.. my fav is diary though!! Id LOVE to see one of his plays.... would be awesome.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I so want to. I'm sure I'll have to wait for it to come out on dvd though since I'm due on Sunday. Don't want to go into labor in a movie theater, and won't have time to after ds is born.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Ahh! I forgot it was coming out today!!!! I want to see it so bad, but we have three kids this weekend. It will have to wait until "date day" with Hubby on Wednesday. Love Madea!!!!!!

Have you seen the plays? That's how I got hooked on Madea.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I love Madea. I loved loved loved the play, Madea's Class Reunion. I love all Tyler Perry movies but I would have to say that my favorite has to be "Why Did I Get Married?" He has great messages. Did you know that he used to be homeless?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• ME ME ME!!!! :) might not be this weekend, our little boy isnt feeling so hot.. but we will see.. but I just recently got into Tyler Perry's work and saw the interview he did with the ladies on the View friday and man, he's funny... but thats not just his range.. he's a broad range man. He said that he hopes everyone can go, cause there is a part of Madea in everyone... he said i am sure there is someone in your family that reminds you of Madea.. well damn, for me, its my grannie, she's a pistol.. LOL and well, my mom too! cant forget her. Plus i want to see Keisha... when I saw her in Beauty Shop i was so excited for her, cause she was at the beginning of her break away from little Rudy Huxttable... and now she is a hooker in jail, so this should be a great movie.. and plus, i love it when a character plays several different roles... so i am very excited..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I've never seen any of those movies, but this one looks pretty funny. I'll probably watch it when comes out on DVD.
    Anonymous

• LOVE MADEA! LOVE Tyler Perry movies! I'm the Madea in the fam...attitude/personality wise. At least thats what my family says. I'll most likely wait for the DVD....we like to make it a Madea family movie night.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My family loves Madea. My son does a great impression of him....we use some of her phrases too from time to time. We saw this on dvd in the play version, can't wait to see the movie.

Tyler Perry is a riot. I saw him on Tyra once and they worked the drive-thru at Krispy Kreme and he acted like Madea. I can't wait to see it.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I love it and already seen it!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I saw it and I liked it. I just wanted a little more from it though.
    sheritalhrt

Answer by sheritalhrt at 6:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009