due in 3 days not effacing or dilated

i know the due date is just a guess on when the baby is coming but
my doc says if at my next appt if nothing has changed we are gonna have to start talking about induction i all ready told him i dont want to be indcued unless i have to
so he said he can let me go a week past my due date
well iv been walking alot to try and help induce labor naturaly
today i walked for an hour relaxed a little then walked for another hour and relaxed again i did this on and off all day
(iv also been having contractions for about a week now)
my contractions did not change at all but iv started to get this feeling my tummy that feels like the tummy flu
my dad and step mom keep telling me that she is coming soon they can tell by the way i walk and how low my tummy is
i was wondering if there is a way u can tell or if they are just trying to make me feel better???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dilation and effacement mean NOTHING when it comes to predicting when/if you'll go into labor.

My 1st child I was 0cm & 0% the day before I delivered.

My 2nd child I was 3cm for 3 weeks and 50% for 4.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Not to be crude or anything.. but if your baby and your body is ready for labor.. you can always try some good old fashioned rough and tumble sex... (not rough enough to do any harm mind you) my boyfriend got me off at least 3 times the night before I went into labor... also, there is a chemical in semen that helps to soften the cervix.. just do NOT have sex if and when your water breaks
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Your doctor cannot force you into anything. You have the right to deny all procedures. If you want to wait tell him you will be waiting.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Good ole rough sex worked for me. lol. I told my husband that night, We're doing it until this baby comes lol. He must have really wanted that baby here because with a couple short breaks im telling you we went for almost 3 hours. That night my water broke. So I would def try it LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Probably just based on Old Wives' Tales. ;-)

If you don't want to add unnecessary risk to your health & safety for the doctor's convenience, you certainly don't have to.
    Being a week past your due date means nothing. Your baby will come whenever the time is just perfect.
    You can try things from home but they could be discouraging IF they aren't helping. No need to lower your confidence.
    You can do this without forcing baby out before it's time. Don't worry!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:24 AM on Feb. 21, 2009