Did Obama read the stimulus bill?

We know that most of Congress did not read it before signing it... they claimed not enough time. Since this is their actual job- I wonder if Obama found the time to sit and read it all before putting his name on it... He did promise us to go through everything with a scalpel- did he not?

HistoryMamaX3

Asked by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the only way he read it is if he turned into Johnny5 from the movie Short Circuit. Remember how fast Johnny5 could read and understand books? Oh perhaps, he's a speed reader. On Valentine's night, maybe he was reading it to Michelle in a really sexy voice.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I forget, how many pages did the bill end up being?
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It was well over 1000 pages. I doubt he read it himself, he probably had staff members going over it though. But who knows. Maybe he did.
    And he can't really go over anything with a scapel. He doesn't have the power to cut anything out, to change anything, to remove any pork. All he can do is veto or sign.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm sure he didn't read it, so much for that promise of no pork, right?
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• On Valentine's night, maybe he was reading it to Michelle in a really sexy voice.

I really don't want that image- but this is hilarious!

Oh darling... please read page 895 again, it was the sweetest thing... lol
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Promises!...Yeah Right! Who is LOL Now!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

NOT I...UGH!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Are you kidding? Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid probably wrote it.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No probably about it, Scorpio... This is their baby. They were given complete freedom to do what they wanted. No rhyme or reason to it either... Which is why I am really curious if Obama has read it. Does he really know everything those 2 have in there?
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• There is no way he read it. Apparently from what I understand from those that have tried to read it, it would take months to read because of all the references to past laws and bills. There are places that will say strike paragraph 3 from bill # and add... To understand what it was saying would take for ever researching all those bills and such.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 8:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2009