DId anyone else's husband sleep while you were in labor?

Mine did damn him! I mean we did get to the hospital at midnight and our baby wasn't born until almost 10am, I had an epidural so I wasn't in pain but it wasn't like I could sleep either! However he sat down in the recliner and popped up the leg rest and was out until about an hour before our son was born. I'm still kinda mad about it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There's no way I would have let my husband sleep through it. Your much more of a woman than I , lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my sons dad slept while i as in labor. he also went and bought lunch and ate it in front of me. i was only in labor for four hours, would have thought he could wait that long. Ugh....men!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No but the first night in the hospital when he was supposed to let me sleep, he conked out quick. Very annoying.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• oh and after i had my son i need his dad to help me with something that night (i couldnt walk for 12 hours after my epi) and he was asleep in the chair. i yelled for him so loud that four nurses from the nurses station came in and he never woke up.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Dh slept for a lot of stuff with our older dd. I didn't really mind, he got off of work at 3 a.m. and we were at the hospital for a 5 a.m. induction. He was awake when I delivered her and that was all that mattered to me. My best friend kept me company for everything else.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yep he sure did and we laugh about it. We went to the hospital at 11 and didn't have her until 12:45 the next day. I didn't mind him sleeping, once I got the epi I slept too! However, when he couldn't find a baseball game on and decided to watch the food network instead.....well I laugh about that too now.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 12:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Mine's didn't sleep, but he was watching the Shield as I was pushing....I bring it up all the time & he gets upset....i love it.
    shaismom25

Answer by shaismom25 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Mine slept some, but I don't blame him. I went into labor around 2pm and didn't have dd until 1:20pm the next day. Towards the end though, when everything got crazy, he was awake. I kept throwing up, so he was doing his best not to blow chunks!! The look on his face and my sisters was priceless. I guess they expected this beautiful moment . . . didn't happen. He was WIDE AWAKE as I got my c-section, I thought he was going to pass out. He's a hemophobic.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No, but while I hadn't eaten in over 14 hours and was literally pushing DD#1 out my DH was eating a damn cheeseburger from mcdonald's!! That butthead!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• mine wishes! Our first I went into labor at 2:00am I tried to let him sleep but I kept waking him up by moving around (I also tried to get back to sleep). but ended up waking him up. He helped me through labor until we left for the hospital (at 7:00) and he stayed awak with me until we had our son at 6:00 pm
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009