PHONE

im single again and i got a new boyfriend..
what are things we can talk about on the phone?

the i love you..
and "plans about later" are getting old..
and the same with the sex talk.

helppppppp, i hate quiet conversations!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Every relationship reaches this point:) You could talk about the news, which is boring I know, but thats what my husband and I talk about now! We seriously have nothing more to say to each other!
    Sorry not much help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Talk about life...what you have in common, where you've travled or where you want to travel, your ideas on controversial issues...
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i love talking about what we like. I had an old boyfriend who would spend hours and hours on the phone with me and we would simply ask each other "Whats ur favorite..." the other would answer, and then whoever asked would answer. we seriously spent 6 hours on the phone talking about our favorite memories or what we wanted to do with our lives; our favorite colors. fav pets. fav anything!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 1:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Questions are endless for me. But I talk too much. LOL. Talk about where you both see yourselves in 5 years. What does your dream home look like? What place outside the US do you want to see in your lifetime? What's your ideal vacation? Childhood questions...what pets did you have growing up? What was your favorite outdoor game you played? Who is the teacher you will never forget? What's your dream car? What are your absolute deal-breakers in a relationship? Would you ever adopt a child? Would you stay in a job you hate and why? If you were broke, what would you be willing to sell? I can go and on, but I think you get the picture? Ask anything. There are so many conversation starters.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If you have to FORCE conversations, then perhaps you are not on the same level! Why don't you get together, or is this a long distance/internet thing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• sometimes talking on the phone too much is not good, i went thru that with my fiance when we were dating. so we decided to talk face to face more often. when we did that we had alot more to talk about. we always ask how each other's day was and we vent to each other. we always plan out what we like to do for the week and talk about things that we want the other one to know more about us. sometimes we just like to sit and watch movies at home, we love to cook together.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If you have to ask a bunch of strangers on a message board what to say over the phone to your "new" man then I would re-think the relationship. Sounds like your connection isn't as strong as it should be. Matter of fact, most Men do not want lengthy Phone conversations anyway... so if you feel a "lull" coming on then end it with "can't wait to see/here from you again, but I'm going to go for now". Besides you don't want to be completely 100 percent accessible at this point anyway! The new-ness will wear off, you want to keep him intrigued.
    Anonymous