• In the Spotlight:

41 weeks and my doc says my cervix is to high up there?

first what does that mean?
and is it bad that its "to high"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It means your cervix is high up and you're not having a baby right now. Your cervix will move down when it's baby time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Sounds like eventually they'll have to induce you them selfs
    TheBeautyOfLife

Answer by TheBeautyOfLife at 1:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The first response is correct, it doesn't mean anything~ it'll happen in time. The second response is probably what they'd like to do...
    Because checking the cervix gives no accurate information as to how & when a woman will labor, it is irrelevant, possibly even used as leverage.

Keep in mind that induction is convenient for others, but adds risks to the mother and her baby. No reason to do it except for convenience.
    First time moms average 41 weeks and 1 day to grow their babies. And if 40 weeks is the mid-point of the average due period (of 4 weeks: 38-42 weeks), there is no worries, anyway.
    That is the average, too. Lots of women will have their babies at 36 or 37 weeks. And others at 43 or 44 weeks, all the same, just either side of the common average.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Means nothing. The day I went into labor last time my cervix was high and I was told, I wouldn't go into labor anytime soon. You still have a full week before you are even overdue. It will happen! I'm 41 weeks as well.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2009