how to get a smell out

I need help with getting my DD teddy bear clean. I've washed him twice now but she keeps spiting up on him (she 8 months old) and this bear is her favorite thing, she won't go anywhere with out it and I look where my brother got it (he gave it to me in the hospital after she was born) but they never have it.
I just washed the bear and he still smells bad.

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 12:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• spray some febreeze on it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yeah but she puts it in her mouth....
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 12:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Febreeze?

Maybe make a paste with baking soda and rub on it before washing?

Maybe even spritzing lightly with vinegar and then washing it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• try soaking it in a mild detergent for a few hours, or even overnight, that might help
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'll have to try that tomorrow night. (night time is the only time I can't get it away from her, and hope she doesn't wake up)
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 1:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• if you rinse it in vinager that will work and the vinagery smell wil go away too
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 1:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have the same problem with my son's blanket.. we're still finding a cure. So far the only that's worked even moderately well was to soak t he stinky corner of the blanket in mr clean.. or something that kills germs.. then I wash it like twice to make sure it's all out.. It takes the nasty sour smell away for a few weeks.. we're working on replacing the blanket though and I doubt this solution will work for you.. but you have to find a way to kill the germs. That's what's causing the smell.. if you'd like help looking for a replacement for your bear I'd be happy to help you!

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 2:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009