what are the chances they will stop your labor

if you are 37 wks and 3 days? is it still considered preterm? my hospital is about 30 mins away. ive been having contractions, but they arnt super strong and are still about 25 min apart. wondering if i should go up there so they can stop it or is it safe to wait it out and see if they stop on their own, or at least get closer together so i dont get sent home? this is my second and i heard they come faster than the 1st did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• After 37 weeks they should not stop labor.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Call your doctor and they will tell you if you need to go in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You are still technically pre-term, but you are far enough along that they will not stop your labor. Your child at this point would more than likely be developed enough to survive with minimal problems.

Of course, you could ask them to, lol. Not sure if they would or not. ;)

You shouldn't be worried about contractions 25 mins apart. Worry when they get 5 mins apart and have a bite to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• At 37 weeks it depends on the doctor you have.. also how dilated you are. They told me they COULD NOT stop labor if I went beyond 3cm
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• 37 weeks is full term so no they wont
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2009