I am about 15 weeks pregnant and this is my second child. For some reason in the morning when i wake up, my tummy looks almost flat but in the evening it rises, is this normal? and when it do rises, my tummy looks bigger than usual and I know the baby is very small why is past all the way above my belly button.

TheBeautyOfLife

Asked by TheBeautyOfLife at 1:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's normal. It has to do with the position that you sleep in and gravity. I always looked about a month LESS pregnant in the morning and then was a huge cow by the end of the day, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• not sure why but totally normal! I loved waking up in the morning because i didn't look pregnant! Then by the end of the night it was a bummer. lol.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Fluid distribution. When you lay flat and go to sleep, the fluid in your body evenly disperses throughout your body, but by the time you get ready for bed, you've been up on your feet (which is why they swell) and fluid just collects around your belly. ALso, as you get more pregnant, it puts pressure on the veins in your legs and abdomen and that causes swelling too,
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2009