Does anyone have an air purifier?

I' thiniking of getting one to help with my allergies and puppy smells. If you have one what do you have, what do you like about it or not like about it? Would you recommend it?

ohwrite

Asked by ohwrite at 4:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2014 in Home & Garden

• I have a Hyla
    I like it vey much.
    I wish it had a larger well but still I only need to rinse and fill once a day so, it is still not all that bad.
    It does help with odors like fish smells and cabbage.

I will tell you that I do not have allergies. DH does. We had the windows open to air out the place and to enjoy the air. Within an hour he is coughing up a lung. I had taken the hyla to the other room the day before because I have it on the dining room table and we had company. I brought it out and set it up, closing the doors and windows. Within the hour the water was yellow and DH was better.
    I really hadn't appreciated it as much as I should.
    It is pricey, which is a drawback. I have had mine 4 years now without a problem.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2014

• Ugh Dard, I miss my Hyla so much. It was actually the ONLY thing that ever worked for me. I have air purifiers, but have read that they really don't do anything...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2014

• What model do you have?
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2014

• HDl 616

I had to go out and take it apart to look at the bottom. lol

They sell a vacuum that I did not buy. I am only talking about the purifier. They will try to sell you both.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2014

• I bought a medium size Hunter for the LR and a small True Air for the BR.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2014

• Thank you for going to that effort Dardenella, and thank you too m-avi, I'm going to check them out.
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2014