I have been dieting,counting caloies at least 1200 a day, also running on my treadmill 45min to 1 hour. I havent lost any weight in 3weeks anyone know why?

makes me want to give up all together..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You're not eating enough calories. You need calories to burn calories - especially if you are exercising - otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto everything you eat and stores it. Digestion speeds up you metabolism.
    It's a myth that you gain weight by building muscle. What building muscle means is your body is adapting to using your muscle more efficiently. You're also only doing cardio which helps break down fat but doesn't build muscle.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Are you stressed about it...that can hinder your progress as far as diets and losing weight...I find that if I don't constantly obsess about my weight and just work on becoming healthier everyday it helps. also...if this is a recent change in lifestyle...your body might be in shock and holding on to the weight....just give it some time and your body will adjust...if my thoughts don't apply to you then idk....I hope I helped
    blu_gem2005

Answer by blu_gem2005 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm almost an expert on this subject, and I will tell you honestly that weight on a scale means very little! However, if you want to sculpt your body in a beautiful way and trust me, in a way you never thought was possible.... "Strength Training" is the way to go. Have you ever heard of "Body Pump"? At a fitness center they have classes with light weights that are used with music for one hour. I have NEVER in my entire life experienced a metamorphis of my body, not to mention it took 3 months to notice significant results. After 8 months people would act surprised, and by the 1 1/2 I had looked in the mirror one day... front, back, side,etc. And I swear to you, I did not think it was possible to have a beautiful body. My hip size was smaller than ever. My rear end looked awesome. And when I went to my sisters home for Thanksgiving, my whole family were looking at me like 'WOW!" I had never looked so good in my life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• your body maybe building muscle!!!
    valerie19285

Answer by valerie19285 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• dont give up. Im dieting too and I have lost five pounds in six weeks. It's slow but its the first time in 3 years I have been able to make any dent in my weight. I have 25 lbs more to hit my goal . Maybe I can help. How much do you weigh? Whats your goal weight? How tall are you?
    younguns

Answer by younguns at 10:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• hey younguns I am 160 my goal is 130 and im 5'0 tall
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree with anon on the strength training. Muscle burns calories at rest, meaning your body uses more calories every day to maintain them. Interval training is great for burning fat. Great dvd is ripped 1,000 its weights and cardio set in interval mode. As PP said don't starve yourself it lowers your metabolism and leaves you with less energy for work-outs.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Try something new..and new work out or something....
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 12:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• you arn't eating enough.1200 calories is nothing. you're body is just breaking down muscle, and storing fat.

start strength training, add more carbs to your diet, and get heatlhy fats
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009