sharing bedrooms???help i need ideas,please!!!

we just moved into a new house and im trying to figure out how to split the bedrooms up between 6 kids 13 yr-girl 11yr-girl 8yr-boy 6yr-girl 4yr-girl 4yr-boy how do i do this farly with 4 bedrooms???

valerie19285

Asked by valerie19285 at 2:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Assuming you are include in these 4 rooms, I would say: 1 for you, 1 for the two older girls, 1 for the 2 younger girls, and 1 for the two boys! If the rooms are small in size, consider bunk beds, or the bunk beds with the full bed on bottom and the twin bed on top, maybe. Good luck.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i agree ^^
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 2:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree - 13G& 11G/ 8B & 4B / 6G &4G / YOU & HUBBY
    snaprcat1

Answer by snaprcat1 at 4:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Exactly as stated before.

I'm trying to split 2 bedrooms between three boys fairly...LOL Yours are even at least!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree with what they said but if the 4 bedrooms is between the 6 kids I would still split them that way and save the 4th room (whichever is smallest) as a guest room or playroom or whatever so there is no fighting. That way no one has their own room so there is no fighting and no one thinking you are playing favorites.
    We have 4 kids (girl-8, boy-7, girl-6 and girl-2). You would think it would be easy to separate them into 2 rooms but right now the older 3 share a room and the 2yo has her own (it's really tiny). Not sure when she will switch with her brother. The other 3 seem happy to share a room right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree with the above posts. My boys are 10 and 11 and are sharing a room. THey have a very small room, so to maximize the space we had to be very creative! They have bunk beds, with twin on top and full on bottom so that if one of them has a friend over they have somewhere to sleep. They have a large tv in an entertainment center, which we also use for storage. We got them an inexpensive entertainment center with a big space for game systems and 2 shelves for storage as well as a drawer underneath which is where they keep all their game controllers and such. They only have one closet and no room for a dresser, so we bought those plastic zip up sweater storage shelves that hang in the closet to use as a dresser for their socks, underwear, shorts, and play clothes. They use those rolling carts with drawers to store all their other toys and such. It's actually enough room for them. If you need ideas, pm me!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2009