Was anyone else too nervous to took at their baby right after he/she was born?

Right after I delivered my son I was in such shock just from finally hearing his cry that I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes to look at him. My husband put him in my arms but I just kept crying and wouldn't open my eyes. He had to keep telling me to look before I finally did!! It was just so surreal..Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was! I could barely sleep even though her crib was right by my bed!

I would get up for EVERY sound and movement! After a month, I got used to the routine and that she would not roll over.

I miss my daughter when she was a newborn!

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I wasn't but I can understand it. Our hormones are so out of whack that could happen to any woman.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I won't say that I didn't want to look at my daughter, but my desire to hold her was not there. With my first daughter I couldn't wait to hold her and see her face. With #2 I was shaking uncontrollably. When they placed her in my arms, all I could think was, "Will someone take her away before I drop her." It has to be the hormones!
    actress

Answer by actress at 3:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I couldn't wait to see her! I was crying and reaching out for her
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2009