• In the Spotlight:

Baby acting funny

Recently he has been reaching up and touching my face while I'm breastfeeding him. He will reach up and just put his little hand on my cheek! It's so sweet, but I'm just wondering why he has started doing that...

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 2:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is your baby? they discover their head first, then shoulders and trunk, then arms and fingers, and then legs .... stroking is around 4-6 months in babies.. and before you know it, there is clawing, hair pulling... and the best one... biting when those teeth come in. my mom thought she was getting a "kiss" from my 7month old son the other day but he grabbed her hair, pulled her close and bit her cheek... and i laughed, it didnt hurt to bad LOL but damn she asked for it, i told her not to let him do it.. and then when i told her not to react to it, man she had to put him down and go nurse her wounds... cause the worst thing you can do is react, cause that is what they are looking for... if i do this, what happens.. if i do that what will happen... so when he tries that with me, i just say patrick no, and remove him
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Mine did that too....it's so sweet at first, then it turns into clawing and hair pulling. lol....I think they are just learning about touch and affection. ah...I miss that.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It's your baby's way of studying your face! It's such a beautiful thing! My daughter did that alot, when i would blow kisses on her belly and she would gently touch my face and it felt good!

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think it is a show of affection! how precious!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 2:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Oh I love that! And their little hands are so soft. I'm cherishing this now.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2009