Lately my DS wants nothing to do with DH? Just a Momma's boy....

My 7 month old son has been needing a little extra love lately since he has finally begun cutting his first teeth. This is understandable but at the same time, he cries every time I leave the room even if his Dad is holding him. If my DH is holding him and I stand close he reaches for me. Is this normal? I would hate to think that my DH did something to cause this but I can't figure out why the sudden change?

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 3:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is totally normal. You are a symbol of comfort for your baby. Dad is more entertainment. So when your baby isn't feeling well (teething included) he's going to want you more often. Certainly don't blame this one on the DH. He has probably done nothing wrong. This will pass.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• He's a baby - relax.

MamaChamp is completely right.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yeah, mine just turned nine mos yesterday...it doesnt get any better. lol i cant do the dishes with out him hanging off my legs crying for me to pick him up. the only thing ive figured out so far is that if i am busy doing dishes and he is in his bouncer playing happily...dont make eye contact..lol every time i look at him he just wants me but i gotta get things done. lol yeah, so have fun with that.
    bennysmom519

Answer by bennysmom519 at 6:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Thanks, I feel MUCH better but man! I figured it was because he was in pain and mommies are more nurturing, just didn't want to overlook anything. DH is such an awesome Daddy and with him for about 25 hours a week while I work so it has really been confusing us. That and he is just now learning the whole bye-bye things so he is throwing fits whenever I leave for work. So heartbreaking. :(
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• He's right at that age where this is normal. He also may not even let you poop without holding him. =) Reassure Daddy that there will be times when Mommy doesn't exist, and Daddy rocks!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2009