• In the Spotlight:

Time to cut the cord?

Ok my inlaws call everyday if my hub dont pick up they call me if i dont pick up they call the house lol then they email both of us. tonight they called at 10 pm 12 am and then came knocking on the DOOR at 2 IN THE DUCKING MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think they need to leave us alone and not call so much? Or should I let it be? I hope im not being mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would call the cops on them if they came to my door at 2 am.
    Yes, I think someone should say something. Your DH should say something first, if that doesn't work, let loose.
    There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 8:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• uh, yea...I think your DH needs to say something to them..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• When did this start? Has it been going on your entire marriage?

How old are your in-laws? Could they have dementia?

If they don't - your DH needs to sit down with them and explain that he loves and respects them but it is time for them all to grow up a little.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No they have been like this forever even when we were dating and he would spend the night they would call. MIL is 50 and FIL is 51
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• shoot if my mil and fil did that i would have slamed thedoorin there face and wednt back to bed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it then.

If you knew they were like this and married him anyway, there you go.

What made you think they would change?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If anyone came knocking on my door at 2am, I wouldn't even look to see who it was...I'd call the cops. Let them explain to the police why they're bothering you at that time in the night!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• "I don't take calls after 9 pm or before 7 am unless somebody is calling from the hospital or the police station. Are you calling from the hospital or the police station? No, then good night" HANG UP

After you have done that to them 3 or 4 times they will get the idea. If you are ignoring their calls because you have caller ID, you are just making them crazy thinking of all the reasons your whole family might be dead on the floor and of course they are going to come over and check on you. If you deal with them directly and explain why their behavior is not acceptable (kids are sleeping) then they will have to learn to live with it.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Oh yes, this would all be better coming from your DH rather than you.
    LoveMyDog

• they need a good telling whats what and hows it gonna be-my inlaws would call constantly and do the same crap you explained....and they dont anymore because i cussed and yelled at them to get a life and mind their own business...now they only call once in a while to talk to my DH and kids.
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2009