Anyone Know Of A Natural Remedy For A Cold?

I Am So Sick Of Being Sick!!! I Am 29 Weeks Pregnant So There Is Not A Lot Of Things I Can Take...Any Suggestions?

Kari_Noelle

Asked by Kari_Noelle at 4:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Health

• Those soothing vapors tablets that you put in the shower helped me a lot while I was pregnant. You can give your doc a call and see what you can take. Many times, its a combination of ingredients that they want you to avoid, so if your cough bothers you the most you can take some Robitussin, or if your nose is really stuffy, some Sudafed. But not everything at once. Good luck, feel better soon!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Echinacea tea helps me, but I have never checked about whether it should be taken while pregnant. To be safe, call your ob and ask what they recommend.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• eat some oranges. whenever I'm sick I eat 2-3 a day and it makes the cold go away faster and it is less severe. You could take those vit C/ zinc fake cough drop thingies but it works better when you get the C from food. It says in the body longer and you absorb more. BTW C is water soluble which means if you get too much you just pee it out so you don't have to worry about od-ing on it. I have a cold right now myself and I'm not pregnant at the moment but I don't take anything because nothing works for me so it is just a waste of money. I just eat oranges. I'm on day 4 of this cold and it is just about gone. If I don't eat oranges I am miserable for 10 days.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2009