6 month old throwing up

I went to give my son his pacifier at 1:30 last night and he was covered in throw up... he just threw up his bottle about half an hour after he took it. The throw up had a lot of mucus in it. Could he be throwing up because of drainage, or does he have another stomach virus?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 6:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my expereince it could be either. I have had an isolated vomint expereince once or twice with my now 8 month old where I assumed it was from drainage as he was really congested. I have also dealt with the stomach virus which was awful and he threw up for 8 days straight! I think I would proceed with your normal feeding schedule this morning and see what happens. If he vomits again, I would just give Pedialyte a few times until he keeps it down. If he keeps it down then proceed with regualr feeding. If he is not keeping much down just make sure you are checking for wet diapers and if he is not really wetting diapers call the pedi asap as you dont want him to dehyderate and end up in the hospital. Poor little guy! best of luck!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 7:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If there was a lot of mucus, my guess would be that it's a bad cold and the mucus is making him vomit. I'd still take him to the doc to get checked out.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2009