overwhelmed

when i get home from work about 4:45 i feel like i have to rush around make dinner,do baths help my son with homework and pick up before 8:00p.m when i put my kids to bed,does anyone else feel that way time goes sooooo fast,i always try to hurry to get home some just maybe i will have a little more time with my kids before bed but so far it doesnt work.Does anyone else feel this way so rushed all the time and if you do how do you deal with it?Its crazy,i tried to make things easier on the weekend i pick out the kids clothes for the whole week.I just need some advice on how to stretch time.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• maybe you can make a todo list and organize what you want todo before the end of the day? or something like that....i am a SAHM ----so all day i am cleaning something and trying to find ways to make more time with the kids and my DH but it never seems to come together like that....I hope you find a way to make it alot less rush rush for ya...Good Luck...
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• im a SAHM, but i can give you a few ideas that we do... Once a month or so, I make a HUGE pot of spagetti sauce.. and then freeze them. That way if we are rushed or need a quick dinner, but I will be gone most of the day I take out a bag and put it in the fridge to thaw.. that way when we get home all I have to do is boil noodles. Also, we are in love with brown rice, but everyone knows there isnt a short way for GOOD brown rice until now.. steamer bags with brown rice.. takes 3 minutes.. not 45-60 to cook down. I also make a to do list.. but for us, its the food prep... i use to buy fresh cheese and grate it for lasagna, but now i buy pre shreaded.. anything to shave off a few minutes here and there. I also buy chicken breasts and boil a few of them and cook them down and then freeze them, so if i want to make chicken and rice, i just have to thaw the chicken, boil the minute rice, chop some celery and bake..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I hate being rushed.. but after learning a few techniques especially with the food preparing cause that can take up to an hour, but with a few things pre made in the freezer, its nice.. we have a real small freezer but a stack of sauce in bags flat goes a long ways.. also, crock pot dinners work great too.. i think if shaving time off dinner will give you more time with the kids, and also, maybe while something is finishing in the crock pot you can sit and put your feet up for a few minutes..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I hate to admit it since sleep is so essential but once a week a pull an all nighter. after everyone goes to bed, I do laundry, pre-make meat for tacos, make meat sauce & plan the weeks meals, dust, sweep and mop, make to do lists, even do my nails and blow out my hair. it keeps me sane. meal planning is deifinitely the most important time saver. I especially love one pot meals that I can put together in the morning in the crock pot. I have also learned that getting my kids involved in the meal making means we have more time together and they do their homework on kitchen table while I am in kitchen so I can help with homework while making dinner. I actually buy ONLY a weeks worth of meat on Sunday. On Sun nite I season all my meat and label and leave in fridge at coldest setting. On Sunday I make 5 chick breasts and then I put in tupperware and everyday I pull one out for chicken salad lunch for me and my husband.
    younguns

Answer by younguns at 12:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2009