can being tired make me dizzy?

I only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I am so dizzy like whenever I stand up my head just spins.

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Health

• It CAN if you mix it with everything else that all the pps said. Drink lots of water, and make sure to eat a good meal, maybe try to sneak in a small nap if you can.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• have you ate anything? i always get dizy if i havent ate in a while.
    I dont know about not sleeping doing that to you tho, but i guess it is possible
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree^^  It could also be a number of things like blood pressure for example. If it continues maybe see a Dr.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Woozy but not dizzy like that, I'd say. You didn't say if the amount of sleep is normal for you, but I wonder if you are ill and that is what caused the little sleep. If the dizziness doesn't go away after eating then you need to see a doctor today. It could be a couple things, inner ear infection comes to mind for one, and the sooner you get it checked the sooner you'll feel better. Will you please post an update and let us know?

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yes please see a doctor who cares and let us know
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I do get dizzy when I'm tired like my body is just giving out. However I also have low bp so the lack of sleep could be causing my bp to lower even more. Get more sleep and see if it still happens go to the doctors because something else could be wrong.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Its saturday. I can't see a doctor today. I have to work and I'm stil on probation so I absolutely can NOT call off. I usually get like 8-10 hours of sleep. I don't feel like i'm getting sick though I am just constantly dizzy.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Being tired can do that, but more likely is that you're either dehydrated, need to eat, or are doing something else to raise your heart rate.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 12:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Maybe your Pregnant
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 12:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I get dizzy, but if your super dizzy..you could be dehydrated! That's what'll do it for me, that and lack of sleep combined. Drink a few glasses of water..eat some fruit and veggies if possible. Stay away from salty stuff and sugar for the day. You could have a touch of something, a viral infection can cause dizziness as well. But I do get a spin feeling kinda and a headache feeling with my lack of sleep.
    Anonymous